Contact us to be added to our mailing list!
- December 2022 newsletter: Sign up or renew your membership, and join us for yoga at the Museum in January!
- November 2022 newsletter: Events scheduled for November include author Erik Hesselberg discussing his book Night Boat to New York, and ethnomusicologist Garrett Groesbeck presenting the Japanese Koto, a traditional instrument in the 21st century. December events include our Annual Member Meeting and presentation by Dr. Karl Stofko: Mysteries of East Haddam, as well as our holiday party!
- October 2022 newsletter: You won't want to miss our upcoming events in November and December! Programs will feature local authors, a new book launch, and a music event. The museum will be open through the end of October.
- September 2022 newsletter: In this issue we highlight an upcoming presentation on Tavern Life in Early Connecticut; the success of Venture Smith Day; and the digital military Wall of Honor at the Museum.
- August 2022 newsletter: It's been a busy summer at EHHS! More than 275 visitors attended the Natural History Summer Series at the Museum and learned about owls, bears, fishers, bats, and snakes! The final session on snakes was popular with both adults and children!
- July 2022 newsletter: Free Natural History Summer Series at the Museum! Join us Tuesdays from 2:00 - 3:00 for exciting free programs about Bats, Bears, Snakes, Fishers, and Owls!
- June 2022 newsletter: Monthly lecture series launches with talk on W. Langdon Kihn, early history of the museum, Venture Smith's journey to freedom, and the summer series on the natural history of East Haddam starts up in July!
- Winter 2022 newsletter: Volunteers and part-time staff are working diligently to hang new exhibits, catalogue the collection, do repairs, assist researchers to conduct their studies, answer emails and phone calls, and welcome visitors - and there are opportunities for you to volunteer as well! Two grants have been received. Our 2022 Membership Drive is underway. Officers and trustees approved for 2022. Museum opens Memorial Day weekend, please come in for a visit!
- Autumn 2021 newsletter: Museum re-design status; building and grounds update; information on two documentaries, the recently completed "Zero Boys", and "The Elder Project" which is underway; report on the summer Wildlife and Natural History series; call for membership (new and renewals) as well as volunteers; and the 2022 operating budget.
- Summer 2021 newsletter: Update on our Strategic Plan, Vision, opportunity for docents, and plans for a series of on-camera interviews with longtime East Haddam residents to capture their stories and reminiscences about life in East Haddam during the Great Depression 1930s and Wartime 1940s for use in an upcoming documentary. Please contact us if you would like to be considered for an interview, or if you want to recommend someone to be interviewed.
- Spring 2021: Update on our Strategic Plan, current initiatives including the Moodus Drum & Fife Corps display at the Municipal Building and the Zero Boys project, opportunity for docents